This information was partially presented in this article, however more details are provided below.
A fee can be items like cleaning fees, booking fees, hot tub fees, marketing fees, etc.. Fees are added, edited or removed from properties from Settings > Inventory > Deposit / Fees / Services / Taxes > Fees. See below for an illustration.
Settings > Inventory > Deposit / Fees / Services / Taxes
Click on the Fees Tab
1. Click the ADD Fee button (if there are no existing fees already setup)
2. Click the "+" icon (to add another fee when there are fees already present)
- Name the fee.
- Describe the fee.
- Assign a value.
- Is the value a percentage or a fixed amount? If fixed, is it a one-time or a nightly fee?
- Mandatory, Optional, Pet Fee Trigger or Internal. Optional fees can be selected by the guest during the checkout process. Internal fees are not visible to the guest, but are available to be added to invoices. The pet fee trigger is explained in detail here.
- Group the fee into the correct category (cleaning fees cannot be set to nightly as most channels don't accept nightly cleaning fees)
- Choose if the fee is collected according to the collection rules setup under the Deposits tab, or if the fee is due at the time of booking.
- You can elect to pass the fee revenue on to the property owner and collect a commission as you do with rental income, or you can pass the fee revenue directly to the property owner in full without collecting any commission.
- If conditional, then choose the rate of the fee, after X of nights. For example, a cleaning fee might be $100 for shorter stays but when a stay exceeds 30 nights the fee is no longer collected.
- Important! If the fee is taxed make sure to choose which taxes are to be collected on the fee.
Add the Fee to Properties
- Select the fee
- Add to ALL properties or
- Add to individual properties
The arrow shows how the table can be manipulated to show which properties the fee is assigned to (or not assigned).
A conditional fee is a fee that changes (up or down) after X of nights. As an example, a cleaning fee might be $100.00, but increase to $200.00 if the stay is 30 nights or more.