There are two ways to integrate Lodgix with your website. The best option is to use our WordPress plugin to seamlessly sync your Lodgix account with your WordPress website. In addition to allowing online bookings, the plugin will sync all property data, rates, inquiries, and availability.
If you are not running a WordPress site, or require more design control than is offered from within the plugin, you can embed booking calendars into your site pages. This will allow guests to book directly from your site, but will not sync your property information.
Setting up the Lodgix WordPress plugin is quick and easy. Simply search for and install the plugin, then configure your settings within WordPress and Lodgix. A quick overview is displayed below, but we highly recommend that you review our WordPress Plugin Manual for a more thorough explanation.
- Navigate to Settings > Lodgix Settings
- Enter your Customer ID and API Key. These are located in Lodgix under Settings > Important Settings.
- Click the Save and Regenerate button. This will create a page on your site for every property in your Lodgix account. It will also create a Search Results page, Availability Calendar, Search widget and Featured Rentals widget. Note that these pages will need to be added to your menus manually under Appearance > Menus, and widgets will need to be configured under Appearance > Widgets.
- Navigate through the Inventory, Property List, and Property Detail tabs and configure according to your preferences.
- The Add New Website tab can enable the Lodgix WordPress plugin to be installed on multiple sites. If set up properly through correct use of the "category manager", it is possible to manage multiple properties in different locations and market those properties separately on different websites. Follow the instructions within the Category Manager section of the user manual to get started.
- Customer ID / API Key: These are the credentials you need to setup the Lodgix plugin within WordPress. If you have multiple websites setup, the Customer ID will be different for each.
- Website Name: Name of the website. This is for internal use only.
- Website URL: Enter the URL of your website
- Property Page URL: Lodgix will create a page on your site to display all properties. This will also be used as the directory for all of your individual property pages. You can customize the name of this directory. By default, it is named /vacation-rentals/
- Enabled: This checkbox allows Lodgix to communicate updates to your website.
- Verify: Click to verifiy that Lodgix can establish a connection with your site.
- Regenerate: Click to recreate all of the Lodgix generated pages on your site. This is often used to manually force a website update when properties are added or modified.
- Fetch Property URLs: Populates the URL field in each of your property listings. This links each property in your multi-unit calendar to the appropriate page on your website.
- Categories Tab: This tab allows you to set which categories are displayed on your WordPress website. When a category is disabled, all properties belonging to the category are disabled too. If a property from the disabled category is enabled, then the category is also enabled. Note that subcategories can be disabled independently from parent categories.
- Category: If there are any Categories assigned to the property, they will display here.
- Permalink: Set a custom URL for the property page created in WordPress.
- Display on WordPress: Set which areas and properties you want to display on your site. This is especially useful if your inventory is split between multiple websites.
Calendar Embed Codes
If you do not have a WordPress website you can still allow online bookings directly through your site by embedding booking calendars. We provide embed codes for Single Property and Multi Property calendars.
Single Property Calendar
The single property calendar can be accessed from Settings > Booking Calendar Settings area of Lodgix:
There the calendar can be configured and an embed code can be found to cut / paste to your website if you are NOT using our Wordpress plugin.
Multi Property Calendar
The multi property calendar can be accessed from Settings >Booking Calendar Settings.
Both the single property calendar and the multi-property calendar have a ton of useful options. Please check out the additional information present in our User Manual to learn more about what all these options do!