The multi-property calendar can be embedded in your website allowing the guest to easily check availability and rates without leaving your website.
The multi-property calendar is responsive and will adjust it's width when used within a responsive theme.
1. Settings > Multi-Property Calendar
2. Multi-Property Calendar Setup
The primary benefit of the multi-property calendar for your guests is they can see all availability for all properties at-a-glance. This is a very nice feature because most guests do not have their travel dates set in stone. If they find a unit they like and they find dates are available, many times they can adjust their schedules to accommodate. However, if you don't provide a multi unit calendar and choose to have multiple single-unit calendars, or force the guest to enter an arrival date before they can view what units are available - you are missing out on bookings and creating a poor experience for the guest, many of whom will leave and go book somewhere else.
The sequence markers above above correlate to the list below:
- Property name width. This column width can be adjusted. We recommend setting it to "auto".
- Bed / Baths / Sleeps. Displays this data below the property name. Default = on.
- Nightly Rate. Displays the nightly rate in each cell. Will only display if calendar width is sufficient.
- Weekly Rate. Displays the weekly rate in each cell. Will only display if calendar width is sufficient.
- Discounts. Displays discounts if configured in Lodgix.
- Call to book icon. If a booking lead time is setup, a call to book icon can be displayed.
- Availability Type. Half. Full or Diagonal. If FULL is chosen, check-in dates would be completely blocked and check out days would be empty.
- Weekend Shading. Default = Conventional (Friday / Saturday). This setting will change which days are shaded as weekend days on the calendar. The "Settings" option allows the definition of a weekend day to be setup within the Weekend Days settings on this page: https://www.lodgix.com/system/isettings/bookings/
- Holiday Shading. Days designated as "Holidays" will be shaded on the calendar.
- Categories. This feature will only work if you have categories setup and assigned within the CATEGORY MANAGER. It will allow you to group your properties by location, etc. within the calendar.
- Booked Text. The word "Booked" is displayed within each reservation on the calendar. If disabled, the text will not be displayed.
- Ask to Add Another Property. This is a option that appears after the dates have been selected. It allows guests to book multiple properties for the same dates.
- Filters. Enabling this feature will display the settings icon on the calendar. A guest can then filter the properties being displayed on the calendar by availability, bedrooms, pet friendly and category.
More Calendar Options:
Initial Date. This setting is used by resorts that are only open certain periods each year. The date set here will display to the guest the start date of the next season on the calendar, rather the requiring that the guest scroll through dates to reach the start date of the next season to check availability.
Reservation Coloring Scheme. Many property managers like a vibrantly colored calendar with each row of reservations showing in a different color. However if that confuses you or your guests, you can switch back to a more traditional view by turning this option off.
Embed Code. This piece of HTML needs to be copied and pasted into your website where you wish the calendar to appear. Each time the appearance of the calendar is updated within Lodgix, those changes will immediately reflect on the calendar on your website.
The embed code is found underneath the example calendar.