Adding additional users (housekeepers, front desk, managers, etc..) adds a variety of functionality to the application including issuing logins, alerting (email and SMS), and setting user access rights.
Go to the Team Members area of the application
Team Member Login
The screenshot above shows the dashboard for each team member. Team members are setup with a login using their primary email address. Each user is then assigned to an access group which limits that user's access to Lodgix.
Team Member Details
- Set the team members login email address. This must be a unique email in the Lodgix system. If the team member already has a login with another property manager, an error may be generated saying that the user email already exists in the system. In that instance, a different email, or even a fictitious email could be used as only the contact email (see #2) will be used to communicate with the team member.
- The contact email address for team member communication.
- Set or change the team members password
- Guest Reply-to email: This email will be used for the "reply to" field in emails that team members send to guests.
- Enter the team members name
- Choose if the team member is active or inactive
Team Member Access Rights
There are predefined levels of access that can be assigned to each user. If you need a custom group with custom rights setup you can contact support and we may be able to provide it for you.
NOTE: Housekeepers must be assigned to the Cleaning Staff group. Membership in this group allows properties to be assigned to the housekeeper and also gives the Housekeeper access to install the Housekeeping App.
Assign Specific Properties to Cleaning Staff Team Members
For Cleaning Staff team members, access can be granted to specific properties only. This is useful if you have multiple cleaning crews that are each responsible for a certain group of properties.
- Click on the Properties tab
- Enable property permissions for this team member
- Assign properties to the team member
Note: When assigning properties to a user, a window will display asking if you'd like to associate the housekeeper / cleaner with all existing invoices (reservations) in Lodgix for that property. This can save significant time if there are many guest reservations already present in Lodgix. For any departure or arrival to appear in the housekeeping report, a housekeeper must be assigned to that reservation.
Housekeeping assignments can be changed at anytime from the housekeeping overlay or within the housekeeping tab of the guest control panel.
Team Member Alerting
Team member alerting allows each user to be setup with a series of alerts depending on their job function. All team member alerts can be setup within the triggers area of Lodgix. Once team members are added to your account, the triggers interface is updated with new functionality including additional conditions for sending our PDF calendars as well as new fields to send trigger emails (and texts) to team members.
Types of alerts possible with the team members module include:
Guest Check-in and Check-out alerts
Guest Cancellation Alerts (w/ calendar)
Calendar Alert (w/ calendar)
Invoice Status Alert
The calendar alert is an informational email that can be set to email the user a PDF calendar showing availability for a predefined period of time. Many property managers like the team member to be notified twice per month with a calendar showing the availability for the next two weeks. Many users will print the PDF and tack it up in the employee area or keep it handy to remind them of their upcoming responsibilities. It's also nice for the staff to know the names of each guest so they can greet them by name at the property. A sample of the PDF calendar is shown in the next step.
Sample PDF Calendar
Each date on the calendar is marked with a number that corresponds to a guest in the key underneath. The key shows the check-in / check-out times for each guest as well as the guest name.