The Property Management Module consists of two components, owner logins and owner statements. The property owner will (optionally) receive login credentials to Lodgix which will allow the property owner access to an availability calendar showing only the property(s) assigned to them.
The property owner is able to block dates on the calendar for their properties only. Thus if the property owner will be using the unit for their personal use, the property owner can login to Lodgix and block off those dates without having to call the property manager.
Adding the Property Management Module to your subscription
Under the Modules icon click on "Property Management", and follow the instructions to add this module to your account. The amount you are charged will be pro-rated for the first month and then added to your monthly billing going forward.
Step #1: Add Owners
Click on the "Add New Owner" button and proceed to the next step.
Step #2: Enter Owner Details
On certain fields we will be using "Tooltips" to help the user understand what information is required. These tips will appear when the cursor is placed in the field where the information is being entered.
Once each owner is set up, click on the "Save" button to save the record to the database. If you do not want a property owner to receive an automatic email from the application containing login credentials, please uncheck the box entitled "Send owner login credentials via email".
Step #3: Assign Access Rights
There are two very basic levels of access, Default and Enhanced.
Default is the default setting and it allows the property owner to see the availability calendar, block off dates on the calendar, Access and Modify Work Orders, Access Documents and Modify settings.
Enhanced will allow the property owner to mouseover the reservation and view the mouseover details for the reservation.
Step #4a: Assign Property(s) to Owner
This step assumes that you've already setup and configured properties within the application. If no properties have been setup, then there won't be any properties to assign here!
Step #4b: Assigning a Property to an Owner - Part II
- Select the property to assign to the owner
- Enter a commission amount (percentage or fixed) Commissions may be split between two or more parties. This is useful for salespeople or agents who are paid a part of the rental commission as a part of their compensation. In the example above the management commission is set to 20%.
- Commissions can be calculated on Gross rents or Net rents.
- Display or hide the guest name on the owner statement and owner calendar view
- Assess channel commissions to the owner. A full explanation of this feature can be found here.
- Pass Cancellation Fee revenue to the owner as commissionable revenue? Yes or No.
- Custom Fees - Fee names can be customized. These fees are assessed to the owner, not the guest, for every invoice that appears on the owner statement. Do not enter management commissions here. The fees can be entered either as percentages or fixed amounts. These fees are ONLY pertinent for the purposes of calculating Owner Statements. These fees have NOTHING to do with actual guest invoices. All fees that are actually charged to the guest are setup within the property setup for each property. NOTE: If you are currently charging a cleaning fee to the guest, DO NOT enter a cleaning fee to be assessed to the owner. This is because Lodgix currently does not include fees in the calculation of gross rental revenues. Thus, since the cleaning fee is not being reported as rental income to the owner, you can't really charge it to the owner as you would be collecting that fee twice. If you are not charging the cleaning fee as a separate line item to the guest, but you wish to assess a cleaning fee to the owner, then that fee should be entered above.
Step #6: Owner Communications
Within the Communications tab is where all communications with the property owner are logged. To send an email to the property owner, just click on "send email" and a modal window will open. Once the email is sent the email is archived for future reference.