The templates are the core of the inquiry management system. What makes the templates so great is that the template responses can be varied depending on whether the property is or is not available.
This section explains how to set up templates and use them within the inquiry management system.
Email Response Template Setup
Templates can be defined and edited at Settings > Email
Default Email Response Templates
The application loads default templates that can be used as is or edited.
- The pencil icon is the icon for edit
- The revert arrow will reload the default template. Thus, if you make a mistake using the default template and want to change it back to the original, the revert arrow will allow you to do restore it to its original state.
Property Not Available - Default Response Template
The templates have been designed to create maximum flexibility when responding to the guest. Here are some tips to maximize the effectiveness of your templates:
- Make your responses conversational and write your templates in a manner that doesn't look like a system generated response.
- Response time is crucial. Getting a great response back to the guest FAST will result in considerably more bookings. Just as important is...
- Responding with valuable information. Guest inquiries can be tamed quite easily as 80% or more of them all request the same information (availability, pricing, quoting, more images and FAQs). Design your auto responses or auto templates to contain all of this information and you will increase your response times 100 fold while providing the right information to the guest immediately. Your bookings and guest satisfaction will skyrocket. You will be rewarded for understanding the pain of a typical VRBO / FlipKey inquiry. They've submitted a lot of inquiries and large percentages of those inquiries won't ever get a response or will get a response 1 to 3 days after the fact.
Let's review the example above:
- Merge Tags - Merge Tags allow you to pull information from the database and include that information within each template. It's a powerful option to tailor each response to each guest.
- [PTITLE] is an example of a Merge Tag. The brackets will be replaced with data. In this example [PTITLE] means Property Title. Each inquiry has an associated property, therefore that property can be referenced within the email response.
- [EMAIL_SIGNATURE] is another merge tag that pulls the email signature you have configured under Settings > Important Settings > Bookings.
Response Template - HTML Editing
Occasionally due to the HTML used in the response template, there may be a need to edit the actual HTML to correct line spacing or font issues. To do this, click on the Source button to view the HTML.
Once the Source button is clicked you can edit the HTML directly.