Invoice variables are used to collect information that is specific to an invoice. This might encompass fields like airline flight number, pickup instructions, drivers license number, etc.
Settings > Custom Variables > Invoice Variables
Create Invoice Variable
- Name -This is the identifier that is used within Lodgix when adding the variable as a merge tag in an email or PDF. For new variables, a default name will be prefilled. If edited, it will automatically be converted to upper case and CUSTOM will be added to the beginning.
- Description -This is the name of the field. For example, if the field is for a guests Flight Number, the name might be "Flight Number"
- Type: Text field or a Date Field (date field might be used for example if you are requesting the date of birth of a guest)
- Length - Length of the input field, measured in characters. Enter a higher number if you will be entering more data.
- Rows - This is the number of rows present in the input field. More rows are only necessary if you are adding a notes field or something with multiple sentences.
- Default Value - A default value for the variable, if desired.
- Do you want this new field to be displayed to the guest when they book online?
- Do you want this new field to be a mandatory field when booking online?
Setting the Custom Variables for Each Invoice
Custom Invoice Variables will be available for display and data entry from the "Custom" tab of the Guest Control Panel. Click on the custom tab and you will see the variable you defined with the corresponding input field. In this example we defined a "Flight Number" variable which will allow us to enter the flight number for a guest.
Reference the new variable within triggers, templates and emails
There will be a merge tag for the new variable within all areas of the application where variables can be referenced. Inserting this variable into an email or pdf template will substitute the variable with the actual value for that specific invoice. In our example, it would display the Flight Number for that guest.
Adding the new invoice fields to your website booking page
As noted above, when creating an invoice variable, if you select to display this new field to the guest when they book online, the data entered into that field can be immediately populated in the rental agreement if the appropriate merge tag is used within the rental agreement.