In order for the Lodgix WordPress plugin to work properly, Google requires everyone to have a valid API key. The key can be quickly and easily created from Google’s API Console.
- Open the Google Developers Console
- From the dropdown list, choose “Create a Project“
- Click the “Continue” button and wait for a few seconds (might take up to 15 seconds and it will seem like nothing is happening!)
- You will see “Add credentials to your project”
Copy the API key that is generated (see arrow below) and click "Done"
*Please note that it might take several minutes before your new API key becomes functional.
Google Cloud billing
Before you can start using the API key, you will also need to set up your billing account.
Don’t worry – although you need to set it up, that doesn’t mean that you actually have to pay for anything extra.
Google still offers $200 free monthly usage which is more than enough for 99% of the users. So, unless you have millions of visitors per months, you shouldn’t worry.
PASTE THE GOOGLE API KEY INTO THE DESIGNATED FIELD WITHIN THE LODGIX PLUGIN
- Log into WordPress
- Go to Properties > Lodgix Settings
- Paste your Google API key into the Google Maps API key field
- Click button to "Save All Changes"
Go to your website and make sure the maps are loading. If they are not, then one of two things has occurred:
- A google billing profile was not established...or...